Support Our Mission
SOUP is a student-run organization that aims to promote science education. Each spring we organize one of the most competitive high-school-level Science Olympiad invitational tournaments in the country. This year, our tournament will be on February 27th, 2021. Due to COVID-19, our tournament will be a virtually-connected event.
As a student group, we receive partial funding from the university's Student Activities Council but have traditionally met our budget needs through corporate and Penn departmental sponsorships and donations. This year, we are seeking to raise $10,000 to cover event costs.
- Provide and ship necessary materials to competitors
- Invite prominent research and industry speakers
- Transition to a scalable online platform
- Build an accessible experience for all students
Corporate and For-Profit Groups
We will bridge your brand with our audience of university students, high school coaches and teachers, parents, and high-achieving high school students from the Northeast to the Pacific. Especially given the current economic climate, your contribution would mean a lot towards supporting science education and fostering critical thinking and analysis skills for students throughout the nation. All donations are tax deductible.
Nonprofits and Community Organizations
We are looking to build co-benefitial relationships to help grow our reach and impacts. We can help increase visibility for your group/cause and help you build a network at Penn.What We Are Looking For
- Building Our Network
- Put us in touch with potential guest speakers
- Introduce us to industry specialists
- Intern opportunities (undergrad and recent graduates)
- Splitting One Day-Of Costs
- T-shirts (usual total cost is $1,800 - $2,200)
- Medals/trophies (usual total cost is $1,100 - $1,800)
- Please reach out to us for our 2021 categories!
- Build Your Audience
- We have an audience of dedicated high school students, parents, teachers and coaches from schools across the United States, ~200 passionate Penn undergraduates
- Increase Your Visibility
- Logo and link to your page on SOUP website
- Booth at event/virtual panel at event
- Logo on volunteer shirts/logo on cover page of SOUP tests
- Shoutout/video clip during our awards ceremony
- Promotional email send out to internal listserv
- A post on our social media
- A fundraising campaign with us
Penn Departments and Penn-Affiliated Groups
We expect an attendance of 1200 high school students working with about 70 Penn student proctors and event supervisors from science, math, and engineering departments at Penn. Many of these high school students will be attending universities soon. As such, we feel that this would be a great opportunity to introduce them to Penn's majors and programs.
In the past, sponsoring Penn departments would set up a table with a representative to speak with participants in between student's competition events and before the awards ceremony where all high school competitors would be present. This year, we will be running virtual discussion panels and meet & greet panels throughout competition day.
In return, we ask for a bit of funding from your department or program. A donation of $500 - $1,500 would be enormously appreciated, and would go a long way in making our tournament possible, but we would be extremely grateful for any support the department would be willing to give.
We would love to chat or video call if you have interest in learning more about SOUP or supporting our tournament. Reach out to our VP of Finance, Yi-An Hsieh at email@example.com or connect with us through firstname.lastname@example.org.